10 most essential jobs for delivering IT as a business
Hristiyan Yordanov | 21/09/2012 22:06
- Automation architect. Designs, implements, and maintains the automation system
- Service manager. Has ultimate responsibility for the services -- "will own that service (and service delivery) from cradle to grave."
- Process manager.В "Like the service manager, the process manager has ultimate responsibility for the processes under his or her jurisdiction."
- Service designer. Oversees services assembly using the principles of systems engineering.
- Financial manager. Brings business sensibilities and discipline to service development.
- IT marketing manager.В Sells IT services to the rest of the organization -- highly needed, O'Donnell says.
- Sourcing and vendor manager. Works with available suppliers and vendors for tools and systems.
- Capacity manager. Controls IT infrastructure "in such a way that resource shortages are anticipated and corrected before they occur no matter if on-premises or off-premises solutions and infrastructure are used."
- Problem manager. Able to "comprehend dependencies and has the ability to see through the mess to identify and resolve problems that cause recurring incidents."
- Knowledge engineer. "Responsible for encouraging, enforcing, and creating a knowledge management process and disseminating knowledge across the organization."